Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Mover & Shaker

Bill and I went to my monthly doctor appointment today.  I was a little nervous about weighing in this month since we were on vacation for two weeks and I splurged every single day!  Also, I went five weeks since my last appointment instead of four.  I decided to look back and see what I looked like at this point when I was pregnant with Kaidyn last night (which I have not done yet) and let's just say this belly is  A LOT bigger at 22 weeks than it was at that 24 week picture...another reason to be a little nervous.  So, I stepped on the scales and six pounds it was.  Exactly what I had gained at the same point with K, so not too bad.  They reassured me this was fine and this was the "big" weight gain month.  Next, Dr. Stell checked for BW2's heartbeat.  "You have a mover and a shaker," she replied.  He was all over the place!  Whew, a busy little boy.  Everything else was fine and I'm scheduled for my glucose test and Rhogam shot in 6 weeks...woo hoo!  I will also get an ultrasound to check my placenta (it was low lying last ultrasound).  Hopefully it continues to move up; Dr. Stell expected it to be fine.  We are trying to figure out what bedding we like for him.  We thought a sports theme but just can't find anything really cute. 

Kaidyn is excited about her brother.  Although yesterday she had a little break down and said she wanted a girl.  That's to be expected.  She has also been extra attached to her mama lately and acts a little babyish at times.  We are so proud of her potty training success.  She continues to do well with minimal accidents!  She has been rewarded by Aunt Mimi with a Tangled princess dress, sunglasses, Barney DVD, and new panties.  We had promised her a trip to Toys R Us as well and she found a $15 Barbie princess dress, but at the last minute spotted a Disney princess carriage which cost us a lot more.  I'll take that over buying diapers though!

3 comments:

Ashlea said...

Crazy! All of my friends with boys say they are different animals...wild from the moment they wake up in the morning.

Jill said...

K was always a wild man during ultrasounds. Must be a boy thing.;)

The Broady's said...

Glad to hear your little man is 'movin & shakin' in there. :) And...proud of Kaidyn with the potty success.