Tuesday, January 24, 2012

First Taste of Rice Cereal

Our baby boy got his first taste of something other than breastmilk last night!  We gave him rice cereal with mixed fruit.  Our pediatrician said she would like to wait until six months to introduce food, however I felt like Keegan was hungry for more than just milk.  I think we gave Kaidyn cereal at 4 months and seeing how Keegan is about 5 1/2 months we went with it.  Let me tell you he loved it!  It was like this boy had been eating for months.  He opened his mouth for a bite, ate it off of the spoon, and grabbed at the bowl for more.  I couldn't believe how well he ate for the first time!  He wasn't even messy at the end. 

"I'm ready for some food mom!"

First bite

"Yum, give me more!"

Just a little coming out, but that's to be expected

All done!  That was good!

No comments: