Friday, September 7, 2012

Meltdown

Keegan had his first episode of melting down as I left him today.  I volunteer (clean the toddler & nursery rooms) at church every other Friday.  Something I have been doing for some time now.  They have childcare for the kids while I'm working.  Today was the first day that Keegan was there without Kaidyn (she was at school).  He was fine going in - there's a huge play area of Noah's Ark with slides, etc. for the kids that they love.  He crawled right on in but it wasn't ten minutes and the church secretary came and got me and said he was sobbing uncontrollably and the childcare worker had tried everything to calm him.  He just wanted his mama and he was fine.  A little rotten?  Maybe!  He crawled around the rooms as I finished up what I needed to do.  Funny thing is when I picked up Kaidyn from preschool she asked, "How did Keegy do at church today?"  I had to tell her the story.  I think she felt pretty bad for him that she wasn't there.  I guess separation anxiety has set in with our little man.  I hear it is worse with boys and their mama's, too.  We shall see.

2 comments:

Ashlea said...

Poor kid...how do you guys like Northside? We found a church here we like, but not sure we can agree when we return :) I have always liked it there.

Jill said...

Poor little guy. Kash is starting with it. It can really break your heart.