Monday, July 14, 2008

36 Weeks and Counting

Here I am 9 months pregnant...ahhh!!! It is hard to believe how quick the time has gone. Baby W is growing like a weed and still measuring right on track. I went to the doctor today and I am measuring 36 cm, which is exactly where I should be since I am 36 weeks along. We met with Dr. Grady today. He is another doctor in the practice. After next week, we will have met all of the doctors and be ready for a baby! I had to get the Group B Step test done today and will know the results next week. Hopefully I test negative to GBS. Dr. Grady also checked my cervix and to see if I was dilated yet. No dilation but I am 50% efface which is normal since this is my first pregnancy. He explained that the cervix thins out (effaces) first before dilation occurs. At this point she weighs 5 1/2 to 6 pounds. A normal baby weighs roughly 7 1/2 pounds at birth. This just confirms that Baby W is still "cooking" and is not ready to come yet. We will keep you posted. I am prepared when the big day arrives; my bags are packed.

As for me, I am doing well other than the sleeping aspect. Are you really suppose to be able to sleep comfortably on your side with a gigantic belly hanging over? I am still doing pretty much everything I have all along - washing my car, cleaning, etc.! Bill and I spent this past weekend at the river and out on the boat. Baby W already loves the river and boat rides!

No comments: