Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Ear Update
I took Miss Kaidyn back to the doctor yesterday (Monday). This was four days sooner than I had planned. Over the weekend she broke out into a suspicious rash, so I called and was able to get her into Dr. Valentine right away. The rash ended up being dry skin. If you would have seen it on Sunday at the river, any of the moms there that have raised multiple children would have told you that it was something else. It looked awful. I am using Aquaphor on it and it is really helping to relieve it. As for her ears, they are not clearing up as well. She has a double ear infection...poor kid :(. We are so fortunate to be able to get an appointment with the ENT (Dr. Shotts) this coming Monday. I am very gracious they are so accommodating to our needs. Monday will be our consultation with the doc and we will go from there with the tubes. I really do hate to do the tubes but at this point there aren't really many options out there. I am not confident Kaidyn's ear infections will go away when she hits 1. So, please keep your fingers crossed and say a little prayer that this is the direction that we need to go. I am confident that it is - I am tired of our baby being in so much pain. I also don't like having her on all of the antibiotics so frequently.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Girl!
I had tubes twice when I was little because I had ear infections so often! If I could handle it she will do great!
Kelly
Post a Comment