Kaidyn drinks her morning milk from a Nuby Sippy Cup!
I am happy to report that Kaidyn is bottle free! I have been wanting to blog about this for a week or so, but I didn't want to jinx myself. I believe we are in the safe zone now because she hasn't asked for it for about a week. So, how did we get rid of the bottles? We gave them to the baby next door (Kaylea)! Babies needs bottles, not big girls...this is what I had to convince Kaidyn of for some time before we actually gave them away. I decided it was time to really buckle down and actually give them up (we've tried in the past with no luck). So, I started talking to her on a Wednesday that we were going to give them to the baby. The following Monday we got all of the bottles together and took them to Miss Kaylea. For about a week and a half when she would ask for milk, and we began pouring it in a sippy cup or Nuby cup she would say, "Mama baby, please." Which meant get the bottles back from the baby for my milk. Or she would scream "No!" She slowly made progress drinking her milk first from the Nuby sippy cups (which have a nipple like resemblance) and we have now transitioned to a regular sippy cup. Yay! This is major progress folks! This is a child who would ONLY drink water from a sippy cup - some major stubborn bones in her body. The magic behind this whole thing is a little bit of
Hershey's chocolate syrup! We had tried this trick in the past with no luck, but it worked this time. So, never give up! Our next project is potty training! If you have any advice, please leave a comment.
No comments:
Post a Comment