Tuesday, July 26, 2011
Weeks 36 & 37
It is hard to believe that I am already full term with this second bambino. Now we are playing the waiting game. Last week I had another ultrasound to get a better idea of the baby's size. I have been measuring right on, however I just felt he was big. The ultrasound showed that I was right. He is in the 70th percentile for weight, weighing between 6 lbs 10-12 oz. last Wednesday. I know they can be off plus or minus a pound, however my doctor said their technician is pretty accurate and if they are off it is usually that they are just a little smaller. So, he is probably well over 7 lbs. this week. His anatomy and everything else appeared great! We are thankful for that. :) After the ultrasound we had our appointment with the doctor. After discussing his size and complications with Kaidyn's birth that will most likely strike again, she advised me to have a c-section. By no means was this in my plans or something that I "want" to do. I know natural is the best way, but due to my previous delivery complications, this is something that we are going to do. I told her at last week's appointment I would like to discuss it further with Bill before confirming our decision right then and there. So, we discussed it further and decided this was the best choice for the baby and me. We told her today at our visit that we would be going forth with the c-section and we will schedule it at next Tuesday's appointment (I have to be 39 weeks for her to do it). If I happen to go into labor prior to then, she will be called in to perform the procedure. So, the end is near! I am now mentally preparing myself for the c-section. But, the end result will be worth no matter what I have to go through!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
we'll be thinking of you!
Post a Comment