Tuesday, October 11, 2011
Coloring
This post is mainly for me but I wanted to get it on here so I didn't forget! Kaidyn has had some issues coloring. Like her coloring is a hot mess! I'm one to brag on my kids but I will admit when they have their faults. She came home with what was suppose to be an apple tree last week from preschool. There were scribbles all over the paper, as well as red apples (finger paint dots). Whew! I couldn't lie and tell her it was good. So, I said we have some work to do with your coloring. Bill called it coloring bootcamp (maybe it was looking back!) but I drew small shapes and worked with her on staying in the lines and coloring all of the white in. I think we have it down now. I told Ms. Emely (her teacher) that we were working on her coloring because it needed some help. She said that she was more into making lists (aka the scribbles) than coloring and that she is. She said maybe she won't be a colorer. Well, this kindergarten teacher isn't going to have the worst colorer in the class, even if she is the youngest in there! Today Ms. Emely made a point to tell me that her coloring was getting better and she "worked very hard today". That makes me a proud mama! I will have to see what the coloring looks like when she brings it home. I really should have taken a picture of the apple tree because you would have laughed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment