Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Losing Energy

I went for another check-up on Tuesday. Baby W is measuring exactly on track. When Dr. Taylor did the measurements, I was measuring 30 cm (this is a measurement from the pubic symphisis to the top of my uterus). The measurements are to be either right on or plus or minus two to the number of weeks along you are. I am 30 weeks and 30 cm, so she is growing right on track. Her heartbeat was in the 140's, which is perfectly normal. For me, I am feeling a little more exhausted as she grows larger and larger. I like to keep busy so not having my energy level is a little hard to cope with sometimes. Oh well, I know in the end it will be well worth it!

Bill and I also started a parenting class at the hospital on Monday night. We are hoping to gain a lot of insight on taking care of Baby W when she arrives, as well as become a little less nervous about the labor and delivery process. We did discuss some of the things that women encounter through pregnancy, such as swelling, heart burn, naseau, fatigue, etc. and had to share out on a particular topic. Mine was pretty boring...varicose veins & hemorrhoids. However, Bill had to share out on the topic of constipation. Of course he started by saying that constipation wasn't a problem at our house and then read the quote from the brochure he was using to educate the rest of the class. I thought I would share it with you because it is pretty funny! It read, "How am I suppose to give birth when I can't even poop?" He's going to be a great daddy isn't he?!

1 comment:

Lynn, Julia and Eliza Grace said...

The quote should say, "Don't worry about pooping until you give birth..it all comes out at once!" LOL! Be sure to request a stool softener after you deliver though so that you don't have to feel like you are giving birth again!