There were a few other floats, however I wasn't the one taking the pictures since I was in the parade so I don't have them. I hope you enjoyed the pictures of our redneck festivities!
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Labor Day Weekend
Let me explain the pictures before you get worried or confused. Every year for Labor Day weekend we go to Hanover Beach where my parents have a summer house on the Ohio River. We actually spend most of our summer weeknds there boating, hanging out with family and friends, eating, etc. Anway, to culminate the summer we always have a huge Labor Day bash. Part of the bash is a pitch-in dinner, a band, AND a golf cart parade! Redneck? Yeah, maybe a little! It is always a great time and great entertainment. Everyone decorates their golf cart and we drive it around the circle and the crowd votes on the best decorated cart. They are always so creative! Our family's "float" was themed "Healthcare for Hanover Beach". Uncle Steve dressed up as President Obama. The rest of us used Papaw's old walkers, wheelchairs, cruches, and canes and followed behind the Obama float passing out money! We got second place and were beat out by one of two Michael Jackson tribute floats. Needless to say, it was a great day and so much fun!
Hanover Beach Humane Society - Spokesman: Micheal Vick Float
Healthcare for Hanover Beach Float (Our float - we are in back)
Michael Jackson and Company Float - This was the winner (Michael Jackson sang and entertained from the back of the truck)
Just Married Float (this couple was married in July)
Neverland Ranch Summer Camp Float (No child goes untouched is what was on the back - sick I know!)
Kaidyn plays on Papaw's bed with Tiffany and Mackenzie (Tiff had some friends up who Kaidyn loved! She wanted to hang with the girls!) They were letting her climb on pillows and jump on the bed...a big no no!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
OK - you should have won first place because you actually had a golf cart - the winner did not look like a golf cart! I hated missing this year - we're in next year!
This looks like fun. Very creative! :-)
Post a Comment