Monday, January 18, 2010

Routines

We all know how important routines are to our everyday lives.  Kaidyn is no stranger to routines.  As we go about our day, there are just certain things we do at certain times, in a certain order, period!  We established a nighttime routine long ago when Kaidyn was infant.  I had read how important it was to do that at such a young age.  Now, Kaidyn will not let us forget what should happen when.  She is so anal about each step being perfect.  Mom, I hope you are taking notes of this while Bill and I are in Las Vegas next week!  Maybe I should print off the "directions"!  Our nighttime routine goes like this:
1st - Bath
2nd - Get partially dried off and close the shower curtain (Yes, this is a BIG deal!)
3rd - Brush Teeth as we continue to dry off
4th - Get lotioned up and pajamas on
5th - Pick out & read a few books
6th - Turn on cd player for lullabies & get blankie (this is a new attachment)
7th - Turn off lights and close the door (another major deal!)
8th - Kaidyn and Mommy rock while listening to the music
9th - Time for bed! Zzzzzzzz!



Kaidyn enjoys listening to a Sandra Boynton book that Bill is reading.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Your routine looks a lot like ours-I had to laugh!