Today I had quite the busy day. It began at 8 a.m. with drinking the "yummy" glucola drink for my glucose test. I got it down in the required 5 minutes and headed to the doctor's office for a check-up, blood work, Rhogam shot, and ultrasound. Everything went great until we got to the ultrasound. Thank God Bill came and met me (thanks to my dad for watching Kaidyn) for that because the tech noticed an irregular heartbeat on our little guy. She didn't say anything until the end, but I was wondering why she continued to play the heartbeat over and over again during the procedure. This was why. She told us she wanted to go get Dr. Stell to see what she wanted to do. Dr. Stell said we needed to go to Labor & Delivery at the hospital, and I needed to be hooked up and monitored for about an hour. So, to the hospital we went. I was definitely feeling nervous and scared at this point. You just never think anything is really going to be wrong. It took a bit for the nurse to get the heart rate monitor in place because our little man is always moving. Once she did, she listened for a few minutes and didn't notice any irregularities. Bill and I didn't either, but we are not a nurse or a doctor. I layed there for another hour listening over and over to the heartbeat. It turns out things sound find and the doctor does not think there are any problems. However, to make sure and be overly cautious (which I am so thankful to have a doc that is) I am having an ultrasound Thursday in Louisville at a specialist. Hopefully things go well and our little babe's heart will be just fine. Please say a little prayer if you wouldn't mind!
**The whole point of this ultrasound was to check and see if my placenta was moving up, and it is. So that was good news!
2 comments:
Wow! I bet that was a scare. So glad to hear it was fine! :)
Geez - we'll be praying for things to be OK!
Post a Comment