Sunday, May 22, 2011

Chicago Getaway

Bill's cousin, Mallery, got married last weekend in Chicago.  We were able to getaway for the weekend and leave Kaidyn with my parents.  Wise decision!  The weather was cold and rainy, and Kaidyn and I were both battling a cold.  The weather wasn't the perfect setting for a wedding, but regardless it was a beautiful wedding.  Mallery and Dave were married at the Fourth Presbyterian Church on Michigan Ave. (that beautiful church across from Watertower Place & American Girl store if you're familiar with Chi-town).  The reception was just a block down from the church.  We enjoyed the weekend, just the two of us.  We did some shopping - I had to go buy a coat because it was so cold!  We ate some yummy Chicago style pizza, as well as some Garrett's popcorn which is always a must!  Congrats to Mallery and Dave!  Bill's favorite detail was that Gene Keady (former Purdue men's baskeball coach) was at the wedding; Bill's uncle and him are golfing buddies.  I thought the guy sitting across from us at the wedding looked familiar and sure enough it was him!  I can't believe I didn't get their picture together.  I've been slacking on my pictures lately, but I did manage to get a few from the day.


The only pic we got together - nice bunny ears!

Precious Ellie - she was the flowergirl.  Her sister was the flowergirl in our wedding!

Can you tell these two are cousins?!

No comments: