Monday, August 29, 2011

Kaidyn goes to Preschool!

Kaidyn started preschool last Tuesday.  She is going two days a week.  The big day came early for her.  She is not used to having to wake up at a set time, so we are having to be very diligent in getting her to bed early for her early wake up call.  She was so excited when we woke her.  I made her a special breakfast - pancakes, for her first day.  She ate, got dressed, and was ready to go.  But not without a few (ok, several!) pictures to capture this special day and milestone.  She looked precious in her ABC dress that Nana Kat made especially for her first day of school and princess backpack on her back!  After some pictures on the front porch, we loaded up and off to preschool we went.  She went right in, met her teacher, Mrs. Emely, hung her backpack on the special hook, and then found her seat.  Many kids were crying and Kaidyn looked at them like they were crazy!  She was excited and didn't shed one tear.  Such a big girl!  It made it much easier on this mama to leave her.  I did have a few tears, but I didn't dare let her see.  Just bittersweet memories of our baby girl growing up.  I couldn't wait until 11 a.m. to go back and pick her up to see how her first day went.  She was still in a great mood with no signs of any tears.  She said she loved her first day preschool.  Her exact words were, "We got to sing a lot of songs, play on the playground, eat a snack (animal crackers), and a girl had on a blue dress with flowers, can I get one of those dresses mommy?"  It was hilarious for Bill and I to hear her run down of the day's events!  We are so proud of her and look forward to a great year of preschool!  Way to go, Kaidyn Nicole! You make us proud baby girl!

Our Preschooler


So excited!

I had to get a picture of how big the backpack looks on her back!

K and K

Ready to go!  Walking up to the school.

She found her seat!


Reading books and looking at the "criers" like she can't understand why they are crying!

Kaidyn & Brady

2 comments:

Ashlea said...

I love her dress. Can't believe she is in pre-school.

Amie Kane said...

So hard to believe she is big enough to go to pre-school! She is adorable with her dress and princess backpack. :) Can't get enough of that girl! :)