Thursday, May 14, 2009

9 Month Check-Up

It just occurred to me that I forgot to update you on Kaidyn's 9 Month check-up. I thought I had posted something about it but in the midst of our crazy weekend, I guess it slipped my mind! Anyway, little Miss Kaidyn is 18 lbs. 9 oz. and is 27 1/4 inches long. She remains in the 50 percentile for height, weight, and head measurements. I don't expect her to be giant, but I hope she is a little taller than I am when she finishes growing! She had to get one shot, which she didn't even cry. She really is a tough little cookie! The only down side of our visit is that the ear infection we were in the office for 2 weeks prior to our check-up had jumped over to the other ear. It was really red inside and probably part of the reason she had been waking so often in the night. We are on a different antibiotic and almost about to finish it! Dr. Valentine told me to move Kaidyn to stage 3 baby food and gradually begin introducing table food. With her stomach problems this past week, we have been on the "BRAT" Diet (Bananas, Rice cereal, Apples, Toast) and yogurt to help calm it. We have learned that she loves toast and is starting to really like yogurt. Her favorite drink of choice is water.

At 9 months Kaidyn is such a happy little girl. She is a busy body and is into everything. She crawls backwards and will not go forward for the life of her and is walking with support. She loves sleeping on her tummy. I began taking her to Gymboree classes where they do many age appropriate activities with the kiddos once a week for 45 minutes. Kaidyn loves, loves, loves this! She literally laughs out loud during the whole class. She loves the balls, parachute, soccer and the bubbles the best. It is great for her to be able to interact with other kids her age. Kaidyn continues to love going on walks and spending time outside. She loves to be around people and doesn't meet a stranger. She has even started to show off, which is too funny to watch! We couldn't ask for a better baby. :)

No comments: