I apologize for being so behind in my postings lately. I have so many pictures to post and just not enough hours in the day! I finally got somewhat caught up, so make sure you scroll down to see all the new posts! The end of the school year is always hectic for a teacher. There is so much end of the year stuff to get finished and the students' behavior is always trying. Needless to say, I have been really busy and then just plain exhausted when I get home on the days I do teach. I am also involved in planning my 10 year class reunion (ugh!) that is quickly approaching and that is taking up much of my time, as well. Anyway, enough about me, let's get on to Kaidyn...
Kaidyn still has an ear infection in the right ear. We finished the second antibiotic in a month on Sunday. I noticed her pulling on her ears Monday and again Tuesday. She also was not sleeping well at night and would scream when I laid her down to change her diaper. When I got home Wednesday from school, I was convinced that she still had an ear infection. I went ahead and called the doctor and of course they needed me to bring her in. I was able to get an appointment within an hour! Dr. Gulley checked her ears and said, yes the right one was still extremely red. We are trying a third antibiotic. Dr. Gulley will recheck her ears next Friday to see if the redness has dissipated. If not, we will be referred to an Ear, Nose, and Throat doc for tubes. Not exactly the path I want to go down, but I feel for Kaidyn and hate that she is in so much pain due to her little ears. She also has really bad allergies. I have been giving her Claritin nightly and Dr. Gulley upped the dose on that. The Ohio Valley is known for the horrendous allergies and this year they are at their worst. We are going to try Allegra now since the higher dose of Claritin is having no effect. Say a little prayer for Kaidyn that she feels better soon. She is still pretty happy despite everything.
No comments:
Post a Comment