Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Green Eggs

Today is Dr. Seuss' birthday (and Aunt Mimi's!).  To celebrate, we began the morning with some green eggs!   I was making them for my kindergarten class (we had a big celebration today) when miss nosey decided she wanted to watch what I was doing.  She sat in her new "big girl" high chair and watched me scramble the eggs.  She tried them and decided they weren't too bad.  They were a hit with my kindergartners, as well!  Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!  His books are just so silly and a hit with all ages.  Green Eggs and Ham is one of my all time favorite Dr. Seuss books.

Happy Birthday to Aunt Mimi today, too!  We are so blessed to have her come to our house and watch Kaidyn on the days I work.  I don't worry one bit when I'm at school because I know Kaidyn is well cared for.  Aunt Mimi has also been watching Kaylea  (my best friend Ashlea's daughter) this week and Kaidyn has enjoyed playing "mother hen" and helping out with Kaylea.

Watching the eggs cook

Green Eggs

Green eggs aren't too bad!


2 comments:

Ashlea said...

Did you get a new high chair? And those eggs look scary, but I bet the kids did love them. Didn't know it was Mimi's birthday...we are thankful for Mimi, too!

Jill said...

Wish we would have done more for Dr. Seuss's b-day in my classroom. I bet you guys had a blast! :)