Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Sick :(

Our little bug has a bug.  Kaidyn and I went to lunch with Grandma Beth yesterday and on the way home she began throwing up.  It scared me to death because she had not shown any indication of not feeling well.  In fact, we were singing and dancing to her nursery rhymes and then it happened.  She was covered, as was her car seat.  This is her first vomitting episode since being on complete table food.  It wasn't a pleasant experience for this mama!  I got her home, bathed, and clothed (almost) when it happened again on the changing table.  Back to the tub we went for bath #2.  She did take an hour nap after the second round of vomitting and woke up to do it again.  I managed to get the carseat scrubbed and cleaned during this hour and be ready for what was ahead.  This is very unusual for Kaidyn, she never has been a puky kid - thank God!  She did get sick a few more times during the night, but never woke up.  I was a little paranoid that she wasn't waking when she was getting sick, so I slept on the floor in her room.  I didn't want her to get sick and begin choking.  I took her to the doctor this morning and it is just a virus - no temperature.  We were getting her prescription filled and she got sick in Meijer.  So far we have been vomit free since 10 a.m.  I am hoping she is on the med.  Please pray that the worst is over and Bill and I don't end up with it.  I am in a wedding this weekend in Tampa and that would be terrible.  Most of all, I hope Kaidyn is over it.  It is terrible when your baby is sick. :(

1 comment:

Cara said...

I am so sorry to hear about poor Kaidyn! I know how awful it is when your baby is sick. You are such a good momma! Sleeping on the floor and everything! :)