Kaidyn is becoming SO smart these days. We are so proud of her! :) When asked, she can tell you where her nose, mouth and hair are! She can also dance on command - which is so cute to watch! My parents and I took her to the Kentucky State Fair last night and on the way there my mom was playing with Kaidyn in the back seat and randomly asked her where her nose was. I hadn't told mom she could locate this body part. My mom couldn't believe that she pointed to it. Of course she knows where her nose is! She also tries to repeat things that I say. It is so fun to watch her personality explode and her brain develop. It is quite amazing!
On a side note, Kaidyn loved the fair. She got to see pigs, cows, sheep, goats, roosters, chickens, among many other animals. She didn't mind the stench (I did!) and was amazed to watch and hear the animals make noises, eat, get shaved, etc. It was a great evening! I'm so glad we went. I think it is so important to provide children as many opportunities as possible. Teaching in a low income school, I see many children (kindergartners) who can't even distinguish between a farm animal and an animal that lives in the zoo. It is so sad to me that parents don't take the time to talk to their children or allow them experiences outside of their normal routines. I'm so glad that we can provide Kaidyn will many opportunities to learn. We are always going somewhere new!
No comments:
Post a Comment