Our precious little girl is officially one!!! We celebrated with a ladybug themed party yesterday. The weather was absolutely gorgeous, which was great because we had it outside. Kaidyn loved her personal cake. I was worried she would not because when we had her one year pictures taken she wouldn't eat it. She still looked surprised that mom was letting her dig into it and was a little reluctant at first! Kaidyn got to spend the day with so many special friends and family members. She received so many awesome toys, books, clothes, etc. She loved all of the balloons that I had for her, many in the shape of a ladybug. She just kept pointing to them as she spotted them. She didn't love opening the presents (or watching me do it), but I don't know many one year olds that do. She definitely enjoys playing with them now that they are out of the boxes!
Of course today is all about Kaidyn (not much different from any other day!). When she woke up, I made her blueberry muffins (one of her favorites). Then Bill and I took her to the zoo. She is amazed by the animals. The monkeys, gorillas, giraffes, and elephants seem to be her favorite. We also took my twin cousins who are visiting from Florida. We had a great time and the weather was just perfect. Kaidyn is now napping and then we are headed to dinner at a birthday tradition spot - The Spaghetti Factory in Louisville. Happy 1st Birthday Kaidyn Nicole! We love you very much and are so happy to have had you in our lives for a year now. What great joy you bring us each and everyday!
No comments:
Post a Comment