Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Whole Milk
Kaidyn has finally switched fully to whole milk! She doesn't seem to mind it at all. I began the switch from formula to whole milk by mixing the two together so she could still experience the warm sensation of formula. A friend suggested doing that and it was a great idea. I did that for a couple of days and then just tried giving her only whole milk in her bottle, and she sucked it down like a champ! Now our next battle is giving up the bottle. This isn't going to be so easy. She won't drink anything from a sippy cup other than water. I have been reading suggestions and advice for getting rid of the bottle, so we will begin trying some of them. She wants to have nothing to do with milk from a sippy cup (no matter the kind) and cries and screams once she realizes it isn't water.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm glad she loves milk now! This makes life much easier, though it was somewhat sad for me to think of EG growing up! Just wait until she tries chocolate milk for the first time - heaven! This is a tough one, and you certainly have to follow her lead, because she needs to drink the milk. But if she doesn't have any other options than a sippy cup, eventually she'll drink the milk from it :( Tough love, I know!
Post a Comment