Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Looks can be deceiving

See this sweet face....
You would think that she sat like a "big girl" in the doctor's chair for her ENT appointment, but that wasn't case.  This was our practice round before Dr. Shotts came in to check her ears.  This sweet face turned into a screaming/kicking basket case who would not let the doc look in her ears.  I am thankful that Bill was there with me, as well as the nurse to help hold her down while I held her.  In the end, her ears looked great!

On another note, I asked the doc about possible allergies.  She has been congested and snores like an old man.  He said we could do an x-ray to check the size of her adenoids that is if we could get her calmed down enough to sit still to do it.  We were able to and I held her in place for the x-ray.  Her adenoids are enlarged and he recommended surgery to remove them.  Bill and I were very leery about putting her under again and after talking to my mom we have decided to not go this route.  She isn't have any major complications at this time to put her through a minor surgery. 

No comments: