Friday, July 2, 2010

Earring

I had to share this little story because it is truly amazing to me...

 The night before last I went to bed and forgot to take out my diamond earrings.  I took them out and put them on the nightstand so I didn't have to get out of bed.  Lazy, I know!  The next morning as I was in the shower, Kaidyn decided to get my cell phone and play with my alarm clock that are also on the nightstand.  You can probably guess where this story is going.  Yes, my diamond earrings (which Bill gave me on our wedding day) were knocked off, played with, something during this short amount of time I was showering.  I searched immediately when I knew they were not where I had left them and found one in no time.  Our carpet is the shag type so when things get down in it, they are not easily found.  Bill and I searched again last night for the other earring.  No luck. :(  I had it in my mind that it was lost forever - who knows where Kaidyn could have carried it off to!  This morning Kaidyn was in our room and Bill says, "Kaidyn where is mommy's earring that you were playing with yesterday?"  She takes him the end of the bed and points right where she had put it one day earlier.  Wow!  Thank you Kaidyn for remembering where you put mommy's earring! 

After it was over, Bill said to me, "I hope you learned your lesson"...yes I did - always ask Kaidyn where something is if it becomes misplaced! :)

No comments: