Thursday, February 4, 2010

18 Month Check-Up

Today was the dreaded day of going to the doctor for Kaidyn's 18 month check-up.  I swore I would never go to the doc again without Bill, however I had to do it since he is out of town this week for training in Arkansas.  When we got there everything was going ok until I had to undress Kaidyn in a strange room with a strange lady.  This was a step up from our last visit - she began screaming when we started walking back to the room.  I tried not to say much about going to the doctor before we went today.  I guess that helped some!  She did let the nurse measure her head and weigh her before breaking down when she had to measure her length.  Dr. Valentine came in after the nurse left.  I really like her.  She is just great with Kaidyn (as I'm sure she is with all of her little patients).  She always makes a point to talk to her and give her kisses.  She played "doctor" on me first, listening to my heartbeat first, then her's, and finally K's.  It didn't seem to do much good because as soon as the stethoscope hit Kaidyn's chest, she screamed.  A little stranger anxiety kicking in there.

Kaidyn is healthy as a horse.  She continues to remain in the 50th percentile for weight and 75th for height.  She hadn't really gained much weight - she weighs 23 lbs. 14 oz.  and is 32 1/4 inches.  Seeing that she is only 13 oz more than at the last visit explains how active our little munchkin is because she LOVES to eat!  I really think she eats more than me from time to time!  The visit ended with the least favorite part - shots.  She got two of them and we go back in a couple of weeks for another one.  She didn't cry long because I had her favorite, goldfish on hand!  I know the way to my baby's heart! 

It is hard to believe she is 18 months old.  We are going to the circus tomorrow for a little mommy/Kaidyn time.  I'm sure she will love the show! 

2 comments:

Jill said...

Wow! Can't believe she is that old! Happy 18 months, Kaidyn!!! :)

Kelly, Kevin, Garrett, Grant, and Isabelle said...

I can't believe Kaidyn is 18 months old! Time flies when you're having fun:) I love the pictures from her gymnastics class! How fun!