Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Ouch!
Miss Kaidyn has been battling a double ear infection this week. She woke up twice Saturday night which is very unusual and was very clingy before bed. When she woke up Sunday morning her hair was very crusty around her ears. Her nose has been running like crazy since Thursday but I really didn't suspect that snot would have gotten that far back during the night. I raised up the hair (she started to scream) to find crusty drainage around and in them. Yuck! I remember the doctor telling me that you would be able to tell right away when your child has an ear infection when they have tubes. I am here to attest, they are correct! Drainage it was. I started her on ear drops (we had left overs from the tubes) right away and took her to see Dr. Valentine on Monday morning. She confirmed it and instructed me to continue the drops and gave us a prescription for Amoxicillin. Here's the kicker - Kaidyn is also cutting 4 more teeth (two have actually poked through). Can she get a break? She has been the happiest little thing though, you wouldn't know anything is wrong. The drainage has definitely slowed today so hopefully we are almost over it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, that is no fun! :( Hope she feels better soon.
Post a Comment