Saturday, February 20, 2010

Buh Bye Paci!

I didn't want to blog about this too soon and jinx myself, however I think I'm in the clear now!  Kaidyn has given up the paci!!!  She hasn't had it since February 4th.  We even made it through her 18 month shots  and another shot this past Tuesday without it (I did have goldfish on hand though)!  I decided one night not to give it to her and she didn't ask for it and slept through the night.  So I tried it again the next day at naptime and bedtime and once again she did great without it.  I didn't make a big deal about not having it, in fact we don't even mention the word "paci" around her.  She did find one in her diaper bag last week and it was so funny because she came running over to me holding it up and yelled, "Ma!"  I said,"Yes, that is your paci, can mommy have it?" She didn't give it to me and instead ran to show daddy and gave it to him.  I have since removed the paci from the diaper bag and there is only one left in the glove box in the car in case of an emergency.  The paci has been replaced with a special blanket!


A look back at the paci!  Our baby sure did love it.  Thanks Paci, for providing Kaidyn with hours and hours of comfort and her mommy and daddy hours and hours of peace!  LOL :) 

2 comments:

Ashlea said...

That is awesome! Any luck with the bottle yet?

The Wardlaw Family said...

We haven't attempted the bottle...one thing at a time. Since she needs her milk and that is the only way she will drink it I have backed off on caring about that for awhile. My stubborn child!