We did it! We made our first ever gingerbread house! I don't ever remember making one of these as a kid, maybe we did and I just don't remember. Kaidyn has really been wanting to make one since we saw a very large one at the Galt House. So, I bought one at Target last week to make over the weekend while Bill was in Florida. We decided to go to Indy and visit Bryan & Tiff and Tiff had the grand idea to make one! We had so much fun working on the different parts of the house, eating the candy, and then putting or trying to put the whole thing together. For some reason we could not get one side of the roof to cooperate and stay together, but I did capture a picture of it before it slid apart. The roof ended up staying together and one side collapsed. Those stinkers are hard to do! Oh well, we had fun!
Getting everything organized and ready
Working hard on the details
Kaidyn was so into it!
Here it is! (Don't mind the bowls they are keeping the roof from sliding!)
No comments:
Post a Comment